Thursday, July 28, 2016

Doll finds at the thrift store!!

Hi Everyone!! I have not posted in a LONG time!! One of the things that I like to do is play with 18" dolls. I will now tell you about two things that I have got at a thrift store in Fresno. The first find is a dresser for the dolls that was only $4.95(without tax):

   
This is the inside of it. Notice there is a silver thingy at the top...maybe for necklaces? maybe I will call it             a doll light. There is also a mirror, which is nice, except that the dolls are a little tall for it.


Here are the drawers, which have padding inside them.They had lint, etc., inside them, so I took my Mom's lint brush,(after asking) and I peeled off the sticky paper and used it to get the lint and stuff off. I also did this to clean the walls and stuff by the mirror.

                              
                                 This drawer might be intended be used for rings, but that is too bad...

                                             
                                                and Kaya is happy about the new dresser!!!

                                                     
                                                         ...here it is filled with stuff!!



                           Now the other piece of furniture is a bunny cage for only $2.95 (without tax).

            
              and here is the door that goes up. I cleaned the cage with Soft Scrub because I think an animal                                      may have been in it before. I also put a folded doll blanket in for the floor.


Nutmeg with his food of cut pipe cleaners in a hook and eye case.
                                                 His ball is just a small ball that we had.

                     
                        Vienna is happy about the new cage, and so is Nutmeg because he has more space.

               
                       Hope you enjoyed my post,and will start looking in thrift stores too, if you like dolls!!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, Heidi! It's fun to see you make your own furniture and collect bits and pieces for your dolls. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great ideas! I will definitely be on the lookout for some items to repurpose next time I'm at the thrift store. Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really found some nice things for your dolls and I am sure you will enjoy them. I am glad you put in pictures with the dolls as that really helped me to see the how big they were in comparison to the dolls. I really enjoyed reading your blog, especially as I live so far away. You should post more often! BTW, I really like the font you are using!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Heidi, you got a real bargain! We liked all the photos too! Remember to keep the photos so that in 10 years' time you can look at them again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool Heidi!!! I love your explanation of all the details that went into your creation. Like the fact that you asked your mom to use her lint brush, that you used soft scrub to clean the cage, and that it's too bad that the drawer may have been used for rings. You are an observant and concientious girl which is so admirable. Keep up the great work as you shop for smart ways to spend your hard earned money and practice thoughtful homemaking on a small scale!

    ReplyDelete